1 small onion, diced
2 tablespoon minced garlic
2 jalapenos, finely diced
1 teaspoon Inspiced Molcajete Mezcla
8 cups chicken broth
2 (10 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 chicken breasts, boneless skinless or one Cooked Rotisserie Chicken (picked)
2 limes, juiced, plus wedges for garnish
Inspiced Everyday Gourmet
Lime Wedges, for serving
Chopped cilantro, for serving
Tortilla Chips, for serving and garnish
Avocado Slices, for serving
Shredded Monterey Cheese, for serving
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and jalapenos and cook for another minute. Add Molcajete Mezcla.
- Pour the chicken broth, tomatoes and beans into the pot and bring to a boil.
- IF USING RAW CHICKEN BREASTS - Once at a boil, lower heat to a simmer and add your chicken breasts. Cook the chicken for 20-25 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked remove from the pot. When cool enough to handle shred and add back to the pot. IF USING ROTISSERIE CHICKEN - Shred the chicken and add it to the pot until heated through.
- Add the lime juice and Everyday Gourmet to taste.
- To serve, scoop into bowls and garnish to taste with lime wedges, cilantro, tortilla chips, avocado, and cheese.