1.5 lbs chicken wings, approximately 12 wings, cut washed and dried thoroughly
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 teaspoon Inspiced ATL Bound Lemon Pepper Blend, divided, plus more for sprinkling
2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place chicken in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add 1 teaspoon of ATL Bound and toss to coat.
- In separate bowl or Ziploc bag, mix flour and 1 teaspoon of ATL Bound. Add chicken and toss until lightly coated in flour.
- Place floured chicken on a plate in a single layer and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil deep heavy-bottomed skillet or fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Carefully add chicken wings, being sure not to overcrowd the skillet. Fry chicken, until golden brown on all sides, approximately 10-12 minutes total. Turn chicken halfway through cooking.
- Remove chicken to a cooling rack or dish lined with paper towels and allow to drain. Remove oil from the heat.
- In a large pot, melt butter. Stir in 1 teaspoon ATL Bound. Remove from heat and quickly add lemon juice.
- Toss chicken into the butter mixture until well coated.
- Sprinkle chicken with additional ATL Bound to taste.