POTATO & CAULIFLOWER CURRY (ALOO GOBI)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- ½ teaspoon diced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Inspiced Everyday Gourmet
- 1 tablespoon Inspiced Mumbai Magic
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the turmeric and cumin seeds until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onions and garlic and sauce for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cauliflower, potatoes, ginger, chili powder, and Everyday Gourmet. Reduce heat, cover partially and cook for 40 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water if vegetables begin to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the Mumbai Magic and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro if desired.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.