SMOKY CEDAR PLANKED SALMON
2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
1 teaspoon, lemon zest
½ teaspoon Inspiced All The Smoke
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds salmon fillet with skin (1½” thick)
1 cedar grilling plank
1 orange or lemon, sliced 1/4" thick
- Soak cedar grilling plank in water to cover 2 hours, keeping it immersed.
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium-high heat for gas);
- Stir together mustard, honey, rosemary, zest, All The Smoke, and black pepper.
- Spread mixture on the flesh side of salmon and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Spread citrus slices in a single layer on the plank.
- Place salmon on citrus slices, skin side down (if salmon is too wide for plank, fold in thinner side to fit).
- Grill, covered with a lid, until salmon is just cooked through and edges are browned, 13 to 15 minutes. Remove plank from grill and let salmon stand on plank 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.