WILD MUSHROOM PRESSURE COOKER RISOTTO
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1½ pounds of wild mushrooms (halved and quartered)
- Inspiced Everyday Gourmet, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 to 3 1⁄2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoons Inspiced Umami Pixie Dust
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, plus more to pass at the table
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a 2 1/2-quart or larger stovetop pressure cooker, or in an electric pressure cooker using the sauté function.
- Add butter and mushrooms in batches and sprinkle with the Everyday Gourmet. Saute until tender and browned, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add additional butter if needed between batches. Transfer mushrooms to a medium bowl. Add the olive oil and onions, and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the rice and coat it with the oil. Continue cooking for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the wine. Cook over high heat until the rice has absorbed the wine, about 30 seconds. Stir in 3 cups of the broth and the Umami Pixie Dust.
- Lock the lid in place. Over high heat, bring to high pressure. Reduce the heat just enough to maintain high pressure and cook for 4-6 minutes. Turn off the heat. Quick-release the pressure. Remove the lid, tilting it away from you to allow the steam to escape.
- If using an electric cooker, cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure.
- Set the cooker over medium-high heat or turn on the sauté function and stir vigorously. The risotto will look fairly soupy at this point. Boil while stirring every minute or so, until the mixture thickens and the rice is tender but still chewy, 1 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the sauteed mushrooms when the rice is almost done. (if the mixture becomes dry before the rice is done, stir in the extra 1/2 cup of broth. The finished risotto should be slightly runny; it will continue to thicken as it sits on the plate.)
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the Parmesan, and Everyday Gourmet to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley. Serve with extra Parmesan, to taste.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.