2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium white onion, diced
1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 teaspoon of Inspiced Everyday Gourmet
4 tablespoons Inspiced Molcajete Mezcla
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
12 warmed corn or flour tortillas, for serving
½ cup Mexican crema or sour cream, for serving
½ small head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced, for serving
2 medium red-ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped, for serving
Guacamole, for serving
Mexican hot sauce, for serving
- In a very large skillet set over medium-high, add vegetable oil and cook onions until softened, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, spreading it over the entire surface to ensure even browning. Add Everyday Gourmet.
- Sprinkle in the Molcajete Mezcla and tomato paste. Mix everything together and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, until the meat is cooked through.
- Sprinkle in about 1/2 cup of the monterey jack cheese to the skillet and mix just to incorporate.
- To make each taco lay a tortilla on a plate and spoon on a portion of the meat, sour cream, the remaining cheese, lettuce, tomato, and hot sauce. Serve immediately.