2 (14.5-ounce) cans white beans (cannellini, navy, etc)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
2 medium poblano peppers chopped or 2 (4.5 ounce) cans green chiles chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
Inspiced Everyday Gourmet
1 tablespoon Inspiced Chile Lime Salt
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1.5 cups frozen corn
2 limes, juiced, plus lime wedges, for serving
1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves, for topping
Monterey Jack cheese, shredded for topping
Sour cream, for topping
Tortilla chips, coarsely crushed, for topping
- Drain and rinse the canned white beans. In a medium bowl, mash half of the beans with a potato masher until chunky. Reserve the beans until needed.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large heavy bottom pot and heat it over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, onions, and garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Season the vegetables with Inspiced Everyday Gourmet, to taste. Add the Inspiced Chile Lime Salt, cumin, coriander, and chili powder and continue to sauté for an additional minute to allow the spices to bloom.
- Stir in the chicken stock, and lime juice and bring to a simmer. Add the beans and corn and continue to simmer for 20 more minutes. After 20 minutes of simmering, taste for seasoning, and adjust if necessary.
- Stir in the shredded rotisserie chicken and simmer until heated through, about 5 more minutes.
- Garnish and serve with cilantro, sour cream, tortilla chips, and lime wedges.