2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon Inspiced Sel Gris
¾ cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 large egg yolk, room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and Sel Gris together. Set aside.
- Cream melted butter and sugars until well blended. Beat in vanilla and eggs until light and creamy. Mix in sifted flour ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Drop cookie dough 1⁄4 cup at a time onto cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven until edges are lightly toasted.
- Sprinkle with Inspiced Sea Salt of your choice.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.