adopted from NY Times Recipe
1 cup / 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 cups unsweetened peanut butter
2 eggs, room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 heaping teaspoon of Inspiced Sel Gris
2 tablespoon sugar, for sprinkling
- Heat over to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for at least 3 minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the peanut butter and eggs. Mix until incorporated.
- Add flour and Sel Gris. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop dough onto prepared pans using a cookie scoop.
- Mix remaining sugar and Inspiced sea salt of your choice. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with the sugar-salt mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.